Phillips 66 2019 University Intern - Accounting/Finance in United States
IT ALL STARTS WITH YOU . DISCOVER AN INTERNSHIP THAT SETS YOU APART .
Internships are a great way for us to get to know you and for you to get to know our company. We will offer you the same types of challenging assignments as our full-time hires and you will participate in our company-wide internship program:
Opportunities may include:
- Attending orientation and training events, field trips, social activities, weekly seminars and opportunities to meet and interact with functional leaders
- Participating in performance reviews with your manager, who will provide coaching and guidance throughout your internship, as will your assigned mentor
- Giving a presentation about your work assignment and projects, as well as what you learned from the internship program
Our Accounting/Finance function is responsible for translating business events into the financial story for Phillips 66. We also partner with our business leaders to provide information and insight used to make important business decisions. From transactional accounting through external reporting, we take pride in the financial integrity we bring to the company.
An internship with Phillips 66 Accounting/Finance offers a challenging job assignment in a fast-forward environment for analytical and creative thinkers who can drive solutions that maximize shareholder value and keep us on solid financial ground:
- Whether assigned to a corporate finance function or a regional business unit, you will be responsible for providing, accounting, finance, business analysis, and decision support to operations and management. In addition, you will get hands-on experience and an insight into a future position within Phillips 66
- You will have the opportunity to work in a collaborative environment that allows you to apply what you have learned in school, experience the professional world, and build a strong foundation for success. The internship also allows interactions with other interns, new hires, subject matter experts and various levels of management
- Exposure to various systems will give you real-world experience working in Excel, SAP, Right Angle, Sales Force, and SharePoint, to name a few
- Internship opportunities are located in either Bartlesville, Oklahoma or Houston, Texas.
Requirements for a Phillips 66 Internship:
- Legally authorized to work in the job posting country
- Pursuing a Bachelor’s degree or higher in Accounting or Finance
- Currently enrolled in an undergraduate or postgraduate program as a Sophomore or higher
- Scheduled to graduate from a degree program August 2019 or later
- Available for a minimum of ten continuous weeks
- A minimum cumulative GPA of 3.50 on a 4.0 scale
- Pursuing a minimum of 15 hours of Accounting
- Previous internship or co-op participant in related industry
- Previous internship with Phillips 66
- Phillips 66 SHIELD Scholar recipient
- Willing to work in any of our operating locations
At Phillips 66, while "what" we do may be very different from person to person, there's a "how" that connects all of us. It is how we work, how we collaborate and how we succeed together. It's this shared "how" that our competency framework describes in detail. We call it the Keys to Success because it can unlock the potential within us all.
Keys to Success
- Assoc: Adaptability—Adapt And Learn
- Assoc: Building Collaborative Relationships—Form Relationships
- Assoc: Communication—Communicate Openly
- Assoc: Judgment—Apply Sound Logic
- Assoc: Results Orientation—Seek Process Improvement
To apply and be considered:
- You must apply through your university prior to university deadlines (if applicable) AND
- Apply online by going to http://www.p66oncampus.jobs at http://www.p66oncampus.jobs/ and complete the entire application process
Attach an electronic copy of your resume and unofficial transcript
Answer all prescreening questions and provide your eSignature
Candidates for regular U.S. positions must be a U.S. citizen or national, or an alien admitted as permanent resident, refugee, asylee or temporary resident under 8 U.S.C. 1160(a)(1). Individuals with temporary visas such as E, F-1, H-1, H-2, L, B, J, or TN or who need sponsorship for work authorization now or in the future, are not eligible for hire.
Phillips 66 is an EEO and Affirmative Action Employer of Females/Minorities/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
About Phillips 66
Phillips 66 is a diversified energy manufacturing and logistics company. With a portfolio of Midstream, Chemicals, Refining, and Marketing and Specialties businesses, the company processes, transports, stores and markets fuels and products globally. Phillips 66 Partners, the company's master limited partnership, is an integral asset in the portfolio. Headquartered in Houston, the company has 14,500 employees committed to safety and operating excellence. Phillips 66 had $52 billion in assets as of March 31, 2018. For more information, visit www.phillips66.com at http://www.phillips66.com/ or follow us on Twitter @Phillips66Co and @p66oncampus at https://twitter.com/P66oncampus .
Requisition ID: 46385
Location: United States - Multiple Locations
Job Field: Internships, Graduate Positions, and Student Programs
Technical Requisition: No