At Phillips 66, IT is a valued business partner, driving digital transformation that impacts the bottom line through the use of new technologies and delivery processes. Using agile product management and a DevOps approach to delivery, IT at Phillips 66 works directly with the businesses on their highest priorities.
An IT internship with Phillips 66 provides meaningful projects and seminars, the opportunity to explore our IT organization, leverage leading edge technologies that support our industry, and gain invaluable experience that can accelerate your career. Our intern assignments are hands-on with immediate responsibility and interesting work that will allow you to rapidly build your skills and confidence.
Learning and Development
Through our Digital University, Phillips 66 is committed to making the latest skills training available to employees throughout their career. You will have access to this training during your internship. Your summer will also include orientation and training events, field trips, social activities, weekly seminars and opportunities to meet and interact with functional leaders, rounding out your overall experience and creating opportunities to build a strong professional network that will serve you into your career.
Phillips 66 is a fast-paced environment where you can find a diversity of technical experiences and make a real impact. The following list gives descriptions of job families in which IT interns may work:
- Site reliability engineering encompasses daily operations of infrastructure solutions. Team members continuously apply software engineering concepts to manage IT infrastructure & operations solutions to improve (and automate) availability, performance, security, and maintainability of solutions.
- Analytics professionals acquire, manage, prepare and use data, mathematics/statistics/machine skills and domain knowledge to identify, analyze, and solve business problems and generate insights.
- Software engineering involves code development in support of custom solution requirements. Team members gain expertise in commercial off the shelf software (including SaaS) and have programming skills that are more systematic and structured.
- Cloud engineering includes technical responsibilities in native cloud technologies from infrastructure to software development, configuration, and security. Traditional roles merged to enable full stack engineering and automation.
- Digital Business Partners are IT Professionals who work closely with leaders as a key partner driving digital enablement and business transformation.
Opportunities are available in both Bartlesville, Oklahoma, and Houston, Texas.
Take the step that can launch your future to exciting places. Join us in our journey of providing energy and improving lives.
To apply for an Information Technology internship, please click here.