Phillips 66 2019 Technology Staff Scientist in Bartlesville, Oklahoma
Phillips 66 & YOU- Together we can fuel the future
The Staff Scientist will be part of the Research & Development group located at the Bartlesville Technology Center.
Responsibilities may include :
- Managing one or more research programs
- Developing and executing laboratory and pilot plant experiments
- Analyzing experimental results
- Communicating experimental results through reports and presentations
- Providing work direction to technicians
- Creating new research ideas
- Legally authorized to work in the United States
- PhD in Chemistry or closely related science
- Minimum cumulative and major GPA of 3.0 for the undergraduate degree
- Minimum cumulative and major GPA of 3.0 for the graduate degree
- Strong and proactive approach to safety
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Pilot plant operation experience
- Knowledge of petroleum industry
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
Please attach an electronic copy of your resume and unofficial transcript to the online application.
At Phillips 66, while "what" we do may be very different from person to person, there's a "how" that connects all of us. It is how we work, how we collaborate and how we succeed together. It's this shared "how" that our competency framework describes in detail. We call it the Keys to Success because it can unlock the potential within us all.
Keys to Success
- Prof: Adaptability—Demonstrate Adaptability And Learning
- Prof: Building Collaborative Relationships—Build Partnerships
- Prof: Communication—Communicate Professionally
- Prof: Judgment—Exercise Professional Judgment
- Prof: Results Orientation—Optimize Results
Located in the rolling hills of northeast Oklahoma, Bartlesville is home to approximately 36,000 people. Area families appreciate the affordable cost of living and the conveniences a small town community offers while enjoying the cultural amenities of a larger metropolitan area. Bartlesville hosts many festivals including its own world-renown music festival. It has a symphony orchestra, Broadway series, dance companies, and an active art association. Among the state’s 32 largest school districts, Bartlesville is ranked 2nd by the Oklahoma State Department of Education for its overall success. In July 2013 Coldwell Banker ranked Bartlesville #30 as one of the nation’s best “booming suburbs” to live in, based on economic factors, school quality, cost of living, crime rates, and other criteria. Bartlesville is notable as the longtime home of Phillips Petroleum Company, co-founded by Frank and L.E. Phillips in 1917. Centrally located on major highways, it has close proximity to larger cities like Tulsa (41 miles) and Oklahoma City (123 miles). It’s only 18 miles to the Kansas border with Wichita and Kansas City well within driving distance.
Phillips 66 is a diversified energy manufacturing and logistics company. With a portfolio of Midstream, Chemicals, Refining, and Marketing and Specialties businesses, the company processes, transports, stores and markets fuels and products globally. Phillips 66 Partners, the company's master limited partnership, is an integral asset in the portfolio. Headquartered in Houston, the company has 14,000 employees committed to safety and operating excellence. Phillips 66 had $50 billion of assets as of June 30, 2016. For more information, visit www.phillips66.com at http://www.phillips66.com/ or follow us on Twitter @Phillips66Co .
To be considered
In order to be considered for this position you must complete the entire application process, which includes answering all prescreening questions and providing your eSignature on or before the requisition closing date of December 31, 2019.
Phillips 66 is an EEO and Affirmative Action Employer of Females/Minorities/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
Requisition ID: 49738
Location: United States - Oklahoma - Bartlesville
Job Field: Internships, Graduate Positions, and Student Programs
Technical Requisition: No