Phillips 66 2019 University Intern - Industrial Hygiene in United States
IT ALL STARTS WITH YOU. DISCOVER AN INTERNSHIP THAT SETS YOU APART.
Internships are a great way for us to get to know you and for you to get to know our company. We will offer you the same types of challenging assignments as our full-time hires and you will participate in our company-wide internship program:
Opportunities may include:
- Attending orientation and training events, field trips, social activities, weekly seminars and opportunities to meet and interact with functional leaders
- Participating in performance reviews with your manager, who will provide coaching and guidance throughout your internship, as will your assigned mentor
- Giving a presentation about your work assignment and projects, as well as what you learned from the internship program
Our Health, Safety & Environment (HSE) organization supports our business and operating facilities through regulatory compliance, advocacy, interpretation and education. Phillips 66 is committed to the health and safety of everyone who works in our facilities, lives in the communities where we operate or uses our products. As such, we conduct our business with care for the environment and strive for world class operating excellence by integrating our Health, Occupational Safety, Process Safety and Environmental principles throughout our businesses with a commitment to continuous improvement.
As an Industrial Hygiene Intern with Phillips 66 you will contribute to Phillips 66’s core values and strategies while gaining a ground-level understanding of the energy industry's complex hazards and solutions through hands-on assignments at one of our various U.S. locations:
- Specializing in one or more functional areas including occupational health, ergonomics, and regulatory compliance
- Developing technically and professionally by working with experts inside and outside the company
- Assisting in the development and production of sampling plans, occupational health programs, and procedures guiding company policy and regulatory compliance
- Anticipating, Recognizing, Evaluating and Controlling occupational health issues in the workplace
- Internship opportunities could be located in Linden, NJ; Houston, TX; Lake Charles, LA; Roxana, IL; Ferndale, WA; Billings, MT; Rodeo, CA; Belle Chasse, LA; Arroyo Grande, CA; Borger, TX; Ponca City, OK; Los Angeles, CA; Sweeny, TX; Amarillo, TX; Long Beach, CA; or Bartlesville, OK.
Requirements for a Phillips 66 Internship:
- Legally authorized to work in the job posting country
- Pursuing a Master's degree in Industrial Hygiene or in a relevent program with a specific emphasis in Industrial Hygiene
- Currently enrolled in a graduate degree program
- Scheduled to graduate from a degree program August 2019 or later
- Available for a minimum of ten continuous weeks
- A minimum cumulative GPA of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale
- Previous internship or co-op participant in related industry
- Previous internship with Phillips 66
- Phillips 66 SHIELD Scholar recipient
- Willing to work in any of our operating locations
- Depending on the specific position, you must be willing and able, with or without reasonable accommodation, to maintain your face daily so that a respirator/face mask can seal properly (some examples include being free of facial hair and/or clean shaven)
At Phillips 66, while "what" we do may be very different from person to person, there's a "how" that connects all of us. It is how we work, how we collaborate and how we succeed together. It's this shared "how" that our competency framework describes in detail. We call it the Keys to Success because it can unlock the potential within us all.
Keys to Success
- Assoc: Adaptability—Adapt And Learn
- Assoc: Building Collaborative Relationships—Form Relationships
- Assoc: Communication—Communicate Openly
- Assoc: Judgment—Apply Sound Logic
- Assoc: Results Orientation—Seek Process Improvement
To apply and be considered:
- You must apply through your university prior to university deadlines (if applicable) AND
- Apply online by going to http://www.p66oncampus.jobs at http://www.p66oncampus.jobs/ and complete the entire application process
Attach an electronic copy of your resume and unofficial transcript
Answer all prescreening questions and provide your eSignature
Candidates for regular U.S. positions must be a U.S. citizen or national, or an alien admitted as permanent resident, refugee, asylee or temporary resident under 8 U.S.C. 1160(a) or 1255(a)(1). Individuals with temporary visas such as E, F-1, H-1, H-2, L, B, J, or TN or who need sponsorship for work authorization now or in the future, are not eligible for hire.
Phillips 66 is an EEO and Affirmative Action Employer of Females/Minorities/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
About Phillips 66
Phillips 66 is a diversified energy manufacturing and logistics company. With a portfolio of Midstream, Chemicals, Refining, and Marketing and Specialties businesses, the company processes, transports, stores and markets fuels and products globally. Phillips 66 Partners, the company's master limited partnership, is an integral asset in the portfolio. Headquartered in Houston, the company has 14,500 employees committed to safety and operating excellence. Phillips 66 had $52 billion in assets as of March 31, 2018. For more information, visit www.phillips66.com or follow us on Twitter @ Phillips66Co at http://twitter.com/Phillips66Co and @ p66oncampus at http://twitter.com/p66oncampus .
Requisition ID: 46282
Department: Health, Safety & Environment
Location: United States - Multiple Locations
Job Field: Internships, Graduate Positions, and Student Programs
Technical Requisition: No