Phillips 66 One Year Industrial Placement Student - Mechanical Engineer in South Killingholme, United Kingdom
Phillips 66 & YOU- Together we can fuel the future
If you want work experience that really counts, consider an industrial placement with Phillips 66 at the Humber Refinery. We are now looking for a Mechanical Engineering student/graduate to join us for a One Year Industrial Placement in 2019 who will ideally be available to commence their placement in April/May 2019
Your time will be spent either on specific projects or working alongside our experienced Mechanical Engineers. This is a great opportunity to put your theoretical skills into practice and gain invaluable experience within a business environment.
Should you do well during your time with us, you may be considered for full-time employment upon completion of the placement.
- The legal right to live and work in the UK on a permanent basis without restrictions
- Working towards or attained a degree in a Mechanical engineering discipline at level 2:1 or higher.
- Proficient knowledge and experience of MS applications
- Good communication skills
- Effective team player
- Self motivated and ability to work on own initiative
- Ability to manage conflicting prioritiesPreferred skills:
- Previous experience of computer based engineering tools
- Prior industrial experience in a related engineering environment
- Masters (MEng) degree qualification
At Phillips 66, while "what" we do may be very different from person to person, there's a "how" that connects all of us. It is how we work, how we collaborate and how we succeed together. It's this shared "how" that our competency framework describes in detail. We call it the Keys to Success because it can unlock the potential within us all.
Keys to Success
- Assoc: Adaptability—Adapt And Learn
- Assoc: Building Collaborative Relationships—Form Relationships
- Assoc: Communication—Communicate Openly
- Assoc: Judgment—Apply Sound Logic
- Assoc: Results Orientation—Seek Process Improvement
The Humber Refinery located in North East Lincolnshire, is one of the most complex refineries within the Phillips 66 portfolio and one of the most sophisticated in Europe, with a crude oil processing capacity of 221,000 barrels per day it refines the most economically advantaged crude oils to help shape today's energy landscape. The only coking refinery in the UK and the world's largest producer of speciality graphite cokes and the largest anode coke producer in Europe.
Company Overview :
Phillips 66 is a diversified energy manufacturing and logistics company. With a portfolio of Midstream, Chemicals, Refining, and Marketing and Specialties businesses, the company processes, transports, stores and markets fuels and products globally. Phillips 66 Partners, the company's master limited partnership, is integral to the portfolio. Headquartered in Houston, the company has 14,500 employees committed to safety and operating excellence. Phillips 66 had $52 billion of assets as of March 31, 2018. For more information, visit www.phillips66.com or follow us on Twitter @Phillips66Co at https://twitter.com/phillips66co .
To be considered:
In order to be considered for this position you must complete the entire application process, which includes answering all prescreening questions and providing your eSignature on or before the requisition closing date of 28th February, 2019. .
Phillips 66 is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Requisition ID: 47181
Department: RM&T Humber Refinery
Location: Great Britain - Northeast Lincolnshire - South Killingholme
Job Field: Internships, Graduate Positions, and Student Programs
Technical Requisition: No