Phillips 66 Spring 2019 Technical Intern - Refining Instrumentation Technician - Ponca City Refinery in Ponca City, Oklahoma
IT ALL STARTS WITH YOU . DISCOVER AN INTERNSHIP THAT SETS YOU APART .
Internships are a great way for us to get to know you and for you to get to know our company. We will offer you the same types of challenging assignments as our full-time hires and you will participate in our company-wide internship program.
Opportunities may include attending orientation and training events, social activities, and opportunities to meet and interact with an engaged hands on work force.
Our Refining operations processes crude oil into higher-value petroleum products including clean-burning gasoline, ultra-low-sulfur diesel, jet fuel, lubricants, propane, petroleum coke and other specialty products while maintaining a high regard for safety and environmental limitations. Phillips 66 has 13 refineries and a net crude oil processing capacity of 2.2 million barrels per day.
Ponca City, Instrumentation Technician Internship: Interns will work with Instrumentation technicians daily in varying tasks on process controls and instrumentation. The internship includes being a part of the maintenance team and will work under the direction of a Supervisor.
- Working safely at all times and adopt company core values around safe work and behaviors
- Learning, observing, and following safe work practices
- Learning and following Phillips 66 policies and procedures
- Operating equipment within the safe operating criteria
- Working at various heights
- Listening and following instructions
- Communicating orally and in writing with other team members, leaders and operations personnel
- Using a variety of safety and personal protective equipment
- Working with other crafts as needs dictate
- Passing all qualification test(s), both written and practical, as administered by the Ponca City Refinery training team.
- Use of good judgment and the ability to make decisions independently
- This Internship opportunity will be located at our Ponca City, OK. Refinery
Requirements for a Phillips 66 Instrumentation Technician Internship:
- Legally authorized to work in the job posting country
- High School Diploma/GED equivalent
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Currently enrolled and pursuing a Bachelor’s degree in Instrumentation Technology, Control Systems/Automation, or Industrial Electronics with a graduation date scheduled in Spring 2019 or Summer 2019
- Willingness and ability to perform and comply with following, with or without reasonable accommodations:
To work outside in an oil refinery environment
To enter and work in confined spaces
To climb ladders and towers
To wear Personal Protective Equipment including fall protection and respiratory protection
To bend, lift 50lbs, climb stairs, and perform a wide range of physical activities related to job duties
To work in a team environment
- Major GPA 3.0 or higher on a 4.0 scale
- Intermediate level of proficiency with Excel, Word, and Outlook
At Phillips 66, while "what" we do may be very different from person to person, there's a "how" that connects all of us. It is how we work, how we collaborate and how we succeed together. It's this shared "how" that our competency framework describes in detail. We call it the Keys to Success because it can unlock the potential within us all.
Keys to Success
- Assoc: Adaptability—Adapt And Learn
- Assoc: Building Collaborative Relationships—Form Relationships
- Assoc: Communication—Communicate Openly
- Assoc: Judgment—Apply Sound Logic
- Assoc: Results Orientation—Seek Process Improvement
To apply and be considered:
- You must apply through your university prior to university deadlines (if applicable) AND
- Apply online by going to http://www.p66oncampus.jobs and complete the entire application process
Attach an electronic copy of your resume and unofficial transcript
Answer all prescreening questions and provide your eSignature
Candidates for regular U.S. positions must be a U.S. citizen or national, or an alien admitted as permanent resident, refugee, asylee or temporary resident under 8 U.S.C. 1160(a)(1). Individuals with temporary visas such as E, F-1, H-1, H-2, L, B, J, or TN or who need sponsorship for work authorization now or in the future, are not eligible for hire.
Phillips 66 is an EEO and Affirmative Action Employer of Females/Minorities/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
About Phillips 66
Phillips 66 is a diversified energy manufacturing and logistics company. With a portfolio of Midstream, Chemicals, Refining, and Marketing and Specialties businesses, the company processes, transports, stores and markets fuels and products globally. Phillips 66 Partners, the company's master limited partnership, is an integral asset in the portfolio. Headquartered in Houston, the company has 14,600 employees committed to safety and operating excellence. Phillips 66 had $51 billion in assets as of March 31, 2017. For more information, visit www.phillips66.com or follow us on Twitter @Phillips66Co and @p66oncampus at https://twitter.com/P66oncampus .
Requisition ID: 48482
Department: Ponca City Refinery
Location: United States - Oklahoma - Ponca City
Job Field: Internships, Graduate Positions, and Student Programs
Technical Requisition: Yes