Phillips 66 2018 University Intern - Refining & Midstream Engineer in United States
IT ALL STARTS WITH YOU . DISCOVER AN INTERNSHIP THAT SETS YOU APART .
Internships are a great way for us to get to know you and for you to get to know our company. We will offer you the same types of challenging assignments as our full-time hires and you will participate in our company-wide internship program:
Opportunities may include:
- Attending orientation and training events, field trips, social activities, weekly seminars and opportunities to meet and interact with functional leaders
- Participating in performance reviews with your manager, who will provide coaching and guidance throughout your internship, as will your assigned mentor
- Giving a presentation about your work assignment and projects, as well as well what you learned from the internship program
Our Refining & Midstream operations are comprised of global refining, marketing and transportation of petroleum products and related specialty businesses. Through its Refining business segment, Phillips 66 is upgrading crude oil and other feedstocks into higher-value petroleum products including clean-burning gasoline, ultra-low-sulfur diesel, jet fuel, lubricants, petroleum coke and other specialty products while maintaining a high regard for safety and environmental limitations. Midstream owns or leases logistics assets to provide strategic, timely and environmentally safe delivery of crude oil, refined products, natural gas and NGL.
An engineering internship with Phillips 66 Refining & Midstream will allow you opportunities to make contributions that support our Refining or Midstream organizations:
- Projects are chosen to provide a clear view of what an engineering professional does within Phillips 66. Areas of focus may include: Optimization of an existing process, Improving energy efficiency, Handling key logistics, Improving equipment reliability, Monitoring emissions or completing permit applications, Optimizing the use of equipment by finding and eliminating defects, Using sophisticated modeling and data analysis software tools. Each project will address an area of importance to the business
- Work side-by-side with experienced engineers and network with other interns
- An introduction to Company practices, procedures and technical tools, technical training classes, participating in technical networks, and on-the-job training
- Internship opportunities could be located in Linden, NJ; Houston, TX; Lake Charles, LA; Roxana, IL; Ferndale, WA; Billings, MT; Rodeo, CA; Belle Chasse, LA; Arroyo Grande, CA; Borger, TX; Ponca City, OK; Los Angeles, CA; Sweeny, TX; Amarillo, TX; Long Beach, CA; or Bartlesville, OK.
Requirements for a Phillips 66 Internship:
- Legally authorized to work in the job posting country
- Pursuing a Bachelor’s or Master’s Engineering degree in Chemical, Mechanical, Electrical, Materials Science, Metallurgical, Civil or a related technical engineering degree
- Currently enrolled in an undergraduate or postgraduate program as a Sophomore or higher
- Scheduled to graduate from a degree program August 2018 or later
- Available for a minimum of eight continuous weeks
- A minimum cumulative GPA of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale
- Previous internship or co-op participant in related industry
- Previous internship with Phillips 66
- Phillips 66 SHIELD Scholar recipient
- Willing to work in any of our operating locations
At Phillips 66, while "what" we do may be very different from person to person, there's a "how" that connects all of us. It is how we work, how we collaborate and how we succeed together. It's this shared "how" that our competency framework describes in detail. We call it the Keys to Success because it can unlock the potential within us all.
Keys to Success
- Assoc: Adaptability—Adapt And Learn
- Assoc: Building Collaborative Relationships—Form Relationships
- Assoc: Communication—Communicate Openly
- Assoc: Judgment—Apply Sound Logic
- Assoc: Results Orientation—Seek Process Improvement
To apply and be considered:
- You must apply through your university prior to university deadlines (if applicable) AND
- Apply online by going to http://www.p66oncampus.jobs at http://www.p66oncampus.jobs/ and complete the entire application process
Attach an electronic copy of your resume and unofficial transcript
Answer all prescreening questions and provide your eSignature
Candidates for regular U.S. positions must be a U.S. citizen or national, or an alien admitted as permanent resident, refugee, asylee or temporary resident under 8 U.S.C. 1160(a)(1). Individuals with temporary visas such as E, F-1, H-1, H-2, L, B, J, or TN or who need sponsorship for work authorization now or in the future, are not eligible for hire.
Phillips 66 is an EEO and Affirmative Action Employer of Females/Minorities/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
About Phillips 66
Phillips 66 is a diversified energy manufacturing and logistics company. With a portfolio of Midstream, Chemicals, Refining, and Marketing and Specialties businesses, the company processes, transports, stores and markets fuels and products globally. Phillips 66 Partners, the company's master limited partnership, is an integral asset in the portfolio. Headquartered in Houston, the company has 14,600 employees committed to safety and operating excellence. Phillips 66 had $51 billion in assets as of March 31, 2017. For more information, visit www.phillips66.com at http://www.phillips66.com/ or follow us on Twitter @Phillips66Co and @p66oncampus at https://twitter.com/P66oncampus .
Requisition ID: 38629
Location: United States - Multiple Locations
Job Field: Internships, Graduate Positions, and Student Programs
Technical Requisition: No