Phillips 66 2018 University Intern - Procurement in United States
IT ALL STARTS WITH YOU . DISCOVER AN INTERNSHIP THAT SETS YOU APART .
Internships are a great way for us to get to know you and for you to get to know our company. We will offer you the same types of challenging assignments as our full-time hires and you will participate in our company-wide internship program:
Opportunities may include:
- Attending orientation and training events, field trips, social activities, weekly seminars and opportunities to meet and interact with functional leaders
- Participating in performance reviews with your manager, who will provide coaching and guidance throughout your internship, as will your assigned mentor
- Giving a presentation about your work assignment and projects, as well as what you learned from the internship program
Procurement is a great place to work for someone who likes to be in the middle of everything while learning about what drives Phillips 66 and working hard to find the best solutions. Procurement is integral to every aspect of Phillips 66. We buy and contract hundreds of thousands of materials and services and are linked into most of what Phillips 66 does, no matter how big or small.
An internship with the Phillips 66 Procurement Organization provides you opportunities to impact the way we do business. Your college curriculum has provided you a toolbox to synthesize information and solve problems; going beyond the classroom, your unique perspective is matched with an equally unique summer experience collaborating with internal and external stakeholders to influence change. By the end of your internship, you will have:
- Learned how Procurement plays an integral role in our company’s supply chain, from requisition to supplier management
- Grown familiar with all functions within Procurement and become competent in your respective group’s work processes and systems
- Showcased your analytical and process improvement capabilities in challenging, rewarding projects linked to our business operations
- Assimilated into the dynamic organizational culture and participated in activities with peers in the Procurement Early Career Network and across the company
Internship opportunities are located at our corporate centers in Houston, Texas or Bartlesville, Oklahoma. Interns who are offered a full-time position upon graduation will join our Early Career Program that provides rotations through our key functions which include opportunities in business unit locations around the country.
Requirements for a Phillips 66 Internship:
- Legally authorized to work in the job posting country
- Pursuing a Bachelor’s degree in Supply Chain Management, Industrial Engineering, or Finance
- Currently enrolled in an undergraduate program as a Sophomore or Junior
- Scheduled to graduate from a degree program August 2018 or later
- Available for a minimum of eight continuous weeks
- A minimum cumulative GPA of 3.25 on a 4.0 scale
- Previous internship or co-op participant in related industry
- Previous internship with Phillips 66
- Phillips 66 SHIELD Scholar recipient
- Willing to work in any of our operating locations
At Phillips 66, while "what" we do may be very different from person to person, there's a "how" that connects all of us. It is how we work, how we collaborate and how we succeed together. It's this shared "how" that our competency framework describes in detail. We call it the Keys to Success because it can unlock the potential within us all.
Keys to Success
- Assoc: Adaptability—Adapt And Learn
- Assoc: Building Collaborative Relationships—Form Relationships
- Assoc: Communication—Communicate Openly
- Assoc: Judgment—Apply Sound Logic
- Assoc: Results Orientation—Seek Process Improvement
To apply and be considered:
- You must apply through your university prior to university deadlines (if applicable) AND
- Apply online by going to http://www.p66oncampus.jobs at http://www.p66oncampus.jobs/ and complete the entire application process
Attach an electronic copy of your resume and unofficial transcript
Answer all prescreening questions and provide your eSignature
Candidates for regular U.S. positions must be a U.S. citizen or national, or an alien admitted as permanent resident, refugee, asylee or temporary resident under 8 U.S.C. 1160(a)(1). Individuals with temporary visas such as E, F-1, H-1, H-2, L, B, J, or TN or who need sponsorship for work authorization now or in the future, are not eligible for hire.
Phillips 66 is an EEO and Affirmative Action Employer of Females/Minorities/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
About Phillips 66
Phillips 66 is a diversified energy manufacturing and logistics company. With a portfolio of Midstream, Chemicals, Refining, and Marketing and Specialties businesses, the company processes, transports, stores and markets fuels and products globally. Phillips 66 Partners, the company's master limited partnership, is an integral asset in the portfolio. Headquartered in Houston, the company has 14,600 employees committed to safety and operating excellence. Phillips 66 had $51 billion in assets as of March 31, 2017. For more information, visit www.phillips66.com at http://www.phillips66.com/ or follow us on Twitter @Phillips66Co and @p66oncampus at https://twitter.com/P66oncampus .
Requisition ID: 38628
Location: United States - Multiple Locations
Job Field: Internships, Graduate Positions, and Student Programs
Technical Requisition: No