Phillips 66 2018 Technical Intern - Midstream Technician Trainee in United States
IT ALL STARTS WITH YOU . DISCOVER AN INTERNSHIP THAT SETS YOU APART .
Internships are a great way for us to get to know you and for you to get to know our company. We will offer you the same types of challenging assignments as our full-time hires and you will participate in our company-wide internship program:
Opportunities may include:
- Attending orientation and training events, field trips, social activities, weekly seminars and opportunities to meet and interact with functional leaders
- Participating in performance reviews with your manager, who will provide coaching and guidance throughout your internship, as will your assigned mentor
- Giving a presentation about your work assignment and projects, as well as what you learned from the internship program
Our Midstream operations gathers, processes, transports, fractionates and markets natural gas and natural gas liquids. In addition, the segment transports crude oil and other feedstocks to our refineries and other locations, delivering refined and specialty products to market while providing storage services for crude oil and petroleum products. This segment consists of three business lines: NGL, Transportation and DCP Midstream which is comprised of owned and leased logistics assets that each provide strategic, timely and environmentally safe transfer of products through pipeline systems, terminals, and fractionation units.
A technical internship with Phillips 66 Midstream will allow you opportunities to make contributions that support our Midstream organization:
Technician Trainee Intern: technical support for new equipment installations, maintenance, and repairs of mechanical, electrical, instrumentation, and rotating equipment.
- Work side-by-side with experienced professionals and network with other interns
- An introduction to Company practices, procedures and technical tools, technical training classes, participating in technical networks, and on-the-job training.
- Internship opportunities could be located within any of our 5 U.S. Midstream Divisions at Pipeline and/or Terminal field locations.
East/Gulf Coast Division: New Jersey, Louisiana, Texas
Central Division: Illinois, Iowa, Missouri, Nebraska, Kansas, Oklahoma, Texas
Amarillo Division: Texas, Oklahoma, New Mexico, Colorado, Wyoming
Billings Division: North Dakota, Montana, Wyoming, Utah, Idaho, Washington
West Coast Division: Washington, Oregon, California
Requirements for a Phillips 66 Corrosion Trainee Internship:
- Legally authorized to work in the job posting country
- Pursuing an Associates or Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Maintenance, Instrumentation, Control Systems/Automation, or Industrial Electronics
- Currently enrolled in an undergraduate program as a Sophomore or higher
- Available for a minimum of eight continuous weeks
- Willing and able to relocate nationwide after completion of internship
- Must maintain a valid driver's license
- Must be mobile to work within any of our 5 U.S. Midstream Divisions
- Willingness and ability to perform and comply with following, with or without reasonable accommodations:
To climb up to 50 feet using both inclined and vertical steps/ladders
To lift up to 45 pounds
To bend, kneel, knee stand and squat up to 30 minutes at a time
To sit and stand for prolonged periods over 2 hours at a time according to job demands
To work outside in harsh weather conditions
To work alone a high percentage of the time
To travel up to 15% of the time
To respond to emergency calls as needed
To work overtime on an as-needed basis
To work with chemicals and basis
To wear personal protective equipment (such as fire retardant clothing, steel-toe shoes, ear and eye protection)
To maintain face daily so that a respirator/face mask can seal properly (some examples include being free of facial hair and/or clean shaven
To perform firefighting duties
To work with hydrocarbons that are under high pressure and heat
- Accumulative GPA of 3.0 or higher
- Previous internship or co-op participant in related industry
- Previous internship with Phillips 66
At Phillips 66, while "what" we do may be very different from person to person, there's a "how" that connects all of us. It is how we work, how we collaborate and how we succeed together. It's this shared "how" that our competency framework describes in detail. We call it the Keys to Success because it can unlock the potential within us all.
Keys to Success
- Assoc: Adaptability—Adapt And Learn
- Assoc: Building Collaborative Relationships—Form Relationships
- Assoc: Communication—Communicate Openly
- Assoc: Judgment—Apply Sound Logic
- Assoc: Results Orientation—Seek Process Improvement
To apply and be considered:
- You must apply through your university prior to university deadlines (if applicable) AND
- Apply online by going to http://www.p66oncampus.jobs and complete the entire application process
Attach an electronic copy of your resume and unofficial transcript
Answer all prescreening questions and provide your eSignature
Candidates for regular U.S. positions must be a U.S. citizen or national, or an alien admitted as permanent resident, refugee, asylee or temporary resident under 8 U.S.C. 1160(a)(1). Individuals with temporary visas such as E, F-1, H-1, H-2, L, B, J, or TN or who need sponsorship for work authorization now or in the future, are not eligible for hire.
Phillips 66 is an EEO and Affirmative Action Employer of Females/Minorities/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
About Phillips 66
Phillips 66 is a diversified energy manufacturing and logistics company. With a portfolio of Midstream, Chemicals, Refining, and Marketing and Specialties businesses, the company processes, transports, stores and markets fuels and products globally. Phillips 66 Partners, the company's master limited partnership, is an integral asset in the portfolio. Headquartered in Houston, the company has 14,600 employees committed to safety and operating excellence. Phillips 66 had $51 billion in assets as of March 31, 2017. For more information, visit www.phillips66.com or follow us on Twitter @Phillips66Co and @p66oncampus at https://twitter.com/P66oncampus .
Requisition ID: 40355
Location: United States - Multiple Locations
Job Field: Internships, Graduate Positions, and Student Programs
Technical Requisition: Yes