Phillips 66 Graduate Electrical, Control & Instrument Engineer in South Killingholme, United Kingdom
Phillips 66 & YOU- Together we can fuel the future
Our graduate development programme has been designed to specifically support new Graduates during the early stages of their career. Not only will the progamme equip graduates with a greater understanding of the global business operations, but will also provide the personal development training essential within a business environment. The programme will provide exposure to key business leaders, allow you to meet recent graduate entrants and provide you with a network of individuals from whom you can seek advice.
You will normally be assigned to work with one of the refinery discipline teams, i.e., electrical, controls or instruments. Please indicate in your cover letter in which of these discipline teams you would prefer to work with an explanation as to why that is your preference.
Start date will be Monday 3rd September, 2018
The Graduate Electrical, Controls & Instrument Engineer may be responsible for:
- Providing technical support to refinery operations and maintenance
- Performing design work on minor or intermediate size projects
- Monitoring and evaluating equipment performance
- Troubleshooting equipment problems
- Generating ideas and seeking out opportunities for efficiency and reliability improvements
- Developing cost estimates, specifying required equipment
- Reviewing designs to ensure adequacy and code compliance and agreement with company standards
- Planning for maintenance shutdowns
- The legal right to live and work in the UK on a permanent basis without restrictions
- A degree in a relevant engineering discipline
- Proficient knowledge and experience of MS applications
- Excellent communication skills
- Effective team player
- Self motivated and ability to work on own initiative
- Ability to manage conflicting priorities
- Previous work experience in a related discipline
At Phillips 66, while "what" we do may be very different from person to person, there's a "how" that connects all of us. It is how we work, how we collaborate and how we succeed together. It's this shared "how" that our competency framework describes in detail. We call it the Keys to Success because it can unlock the potential within us all.
Keys to Success
- Assoc: Adaptability—Adapt And Learn
- Assoc: Building Collaborative Relationships—Form Relationships
- Assoc: Communication—Communicate Openly
- Assoc: Judgment—Apply Sound Logic
- Assoc: Results Orientation—Seek Process Improvement
The Humber Refinery located in North East Lincolnshire, is one of the most complex refineries within the Phillips 66 portfolio and one of the most sophisticated in Europe, with a crude oil processing capacity of 221,000 barrels per day it refines the most economically advantaged crude oils to help shape today's energy landscape. The only coking refinery in the UK and the world's largest producer of speciality graphite cokes and the largest anode coke producer in Europe.
Company Overview :
Phillips 66 is a diversified energy manufacturing and logistics company. With a portfolio of Midstream, Chemicals, Refining, and Marketing and Specialties businesses, the company processes, transports, stores and markets fuels and products globally. Phillips 66 Partners, the company's master limited partnership, is an integral asset in the portfolio. Headquartered in Houston, the company has 14,600 employees committed to safety and operating excellence. Phillips 66 had $51 billion of assets as of March 31, 2017. For more information, visit www.phillips66.com or follow us on Twitter @Phillips66Co at https://twitter.com/phillips66co .
To be considered:
In order to be considered for this position you must complete the entire application process, which includes answering all prescreening questions and providing your eSignature on or before the requisition closing date of 17th November, 2017 .
Please remember to indicate in your covering letter which of the discipline teams you would prefer to workin in with an explanation as to why. Failure to do so may result in your application not being considered.
Phillips 66 is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Requisition ID: 40642
Department: RM&T Humber Refinery
Location: Great Britain - Northeast Lincolnshire - South Killingholme
Job Field: Internships, Graduate Positions, and Student Programs
Technical Requisition: No