Phillips 66 2018 University MBA Intern - Finance in Houston, Texas
IT ALL STARTS WITH YOU . DISCOVER AN INTERNSHIP THAT SETS YOU APART .
Internships are a great way for us to get to know you and for you to get to know our company. We will offer you the same types of challenging assignments as our full-time hires and you will participate in our company-wide internship program:
Opportunities may include:
- Completing a challenging assignment. Projects are carefully selected after considering both the needs of you and Phillips 66. We want you to be challenged and engaged, and benefit from your final product
- Presenting your findings and recommendations to key decision makers. We are looking for candidates that not only have the analytical capability to evaluate important questions, but can also communicate their findings to key decision makers accurately, concisely and clearly
Our Finance function is responsible for translating business events into the financial story for Phillips 66. We also partner with our business leaders to provide information and insight used to make important business decisions.
An MBA internship with Phillips 66 Finance offers a challenging job assignment in a fast-paced environment for analytical and creative thinkers who can drive solutions that maximize shareholder value and keep us on solid financial ground:
- You will gain hands-on experience. The internship will lean on what you have learned in the classroom, and provide you a chance to strengthen your financial competency and strategic thinking on real world projects
- You will gain industry experience. The summer schedule includes field trips, seminars and training opportunities to help you learn about the four segments in which Phillips 66 competes: Midstream, Chemicals, Refining, and Marketing
- You will not be alone. We offer a collaborative environment with mentors, supervisors, new hires, subject matter experts and various levels of management to help you along the way
- Internship opportunities are located at our headquarters in Houston, Texas.
Responsibilities may include:
We have had great success with our internship projects. Examples of projects include:
- Recommending optimal strategies to maximize shareholder return, including share repurchase, dividend plan, capital allocation, or other opportunities
- Building financial models to aid in long-term growth planning
- Analyzing corporate or counterparty risk and putting a plan in place to mitigate exposure
- Evaluating internal or external projects and providing management with information to make well-informed investment decisions
- Leading a business unit process improvement effort
Requirements for a Phillips 66 Internship:
- Legally authorized to work in the job posting country
- Pursuing an MBA with strong economic and financial analysis skills
- Graduating in December 2018 or May 2019
- Available for a minimum of ten continuous weeks
- A minimum cumulative GPA of 3.50 on a 4.0 scale
- Undergraduate technical (Geophysics, Geology, Engineering) and/or financial (Finance, Accounting, Economics) degree
- Willing to work in any of our operating locations
At Phillips 66, while "what" we do may be very different from person to person, there's a "how" that connects all of us. It is how we work, how we collaborate and how we succeed together. It's this shared "how" that our competency framework describes in detail. We call it the Keys to Success because it can unlock the potential within us all.
Keys to Success
- Assoc: Adaptability—Adapt And Learn
- Assoc: Building Collaborative Relationships—Form Relationships
- Assoc: Communication—Communicate Openly
- Assoc: Judgment—Apply Sound Logic
- Assoc: Results Orientation—Seek Process Improvement
To apply and be considered:
- You must apply through your university prior to university deadlines (if applicable) AND
- Apply online by going to http://www.p66oncampus.jobs at http://www.p66oncampus.jobs/ and complete the entire application process
Attach an electronic copy of your resume and unofficial transcript
Answer all prescreening questions and provide your eSignature
Candidates for regular U.S. positions must be a U.S. citizen or national, or an alien admitted as permanent resident, refugee, asylee or temporary resident under 8 U.S.C. 1160(a)(1). Individuals with temporary visas such as E, F-1, H-1, H-2, L, B, J, or TN or who need sponsorship for work authorization now or in the future, are not eligible for hire.
Phillips 66 is an EEO and Affirmative Action Employer of Females/Minorities/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
About Phillips 66
Phillips 66 is a diversified energy manufacturing and logistics company. With a portfolio of Midstream, Chemicals, Refining, and Marketing and Specialties businesses, the company processes, transports, stores and markets fuels and products globally. Phillips 66 Partners, the company's master limited partnership, is an integral asset in the portfolio. Headquartered in Houston, the company has 14,600 employees committed to safety and operating excellence. Phillips 66 had $51 billion in assets as of March 31, 2017. For more information, visit www.phillips66.com at http://www.phillips66.com/ or follow us on Twitter @Phillips66Co and @P66oncampus at https://twitter.com/P66oncampus .
Requisition ID: 38631
Location: United States - Texas - Houston
Job Field: Internships, Graduate Positions, and Student Programs
Technical Requisition: No